What you may not know yet is just how often you are working with dissociation in the room. Dissociation comes in many forms and most of us will have experienced it in gentler ways such as arriving somewhere while driving but wondering how we got there. Automatic pilot we say!
In this short CPD we cover the main categories of dissociation and we look at trauma and how it impacts clients in the room.
We explore some creative interventions which can be easily adapted into our work and we discuss vicarious trauma and its impact on us as counsellors.
- Introduction to Trauma
- Exploring Dissociation
- Holding Space for Trauma in Counselling Work
- Creative Interventions in Trauma Work
- Using Stones to Explore Trauma & Vicarious Trauma
- The Role of Psychoeducation in Trauma Work
- Explore these additional resources
- Your proof of CPD